ISRAEL: Couple brain dead after eating fish
Posted: May 11th, 2009 - 8:21am
There was an improvement in the medical condition of a man and woman from Kiryat Yam who were brain dead after apparently eating a poisonous fish, Israel Radio reported on Sunday evening.
The man began breathing independently and staff at Haifa's Rambam Hospital reportedly expressed hope that the couple would regain consciousness by Monday.
The assumption was that the fish which poisoned the couple so severely was a blowfish, but hospital officials could not be sure.