INDIA: 12 workers hospitalised for food poisoning
Posted: May 28th, 2012 - 9:56am
Source: IBN Live
Pune -- Twelve industrial workers were hospitalised at Hadapsar near here for suspected food poisoning after they consumed a meal at the canteen of a manufacturing unit, police said. The workers took ill after they ate food at the canteen during their shift duty last night and complained of nausea and vomitting. They were later admitted to a private hospital where their condition was described as stable. One of the workers reportedly found a dead house lizard in a food plate, police added. The food samples from the canteen have been sent for chemical analysis at the FDA laboratory. Police have arrested the canteen contractor and registered an offence under sections 337 and 330 of IPC.