INDIA: Hotel food poisoning: One dead, 10 ill
Posted: April 18th, 2012 - 12:36pm
Source: Times of India
CHENNAI -- At least one man died in 11 cases of food poisoning reported by doctors from the Thousand Lights area over the past three days. Chennai corporation officials said the patients tested negative for cholera, after reports indicated that the death could have been due to the disease.
Civic body officials said they closed down one eatery and the guest house. Officials say the first two persons to show symptoms of food poisoning were Basanth and his colleague, on Friday morning. His colleague, a middle-aged man from Odisha, immediately admitted himself to the CDH on Friday afternoon, and has been undergoing treatment since then.
Doctors said five people from the same locality were admitted to CDH on Saturday night and are now being treated in a separate ward.