INDIA: Two kids die of food poisoning

Posted: October 11th, 2011 - 8:23pm
Source: Times of India

PUNE -- A seven-year-old boy and his five-year-old sister died after drinking tea, which, according to the police, was contaminated with insecticide. The grandmother and great grandmother of the siblings, who also had the same tea in their house in Shirur taluka, around 60 km from here, were taken ill. Their condition is said to be critical but stable.
Chemical analysis of their blood samples have revealed that the four suffered from organophosphate toxicity poisoning, caused by a certain insecticide.

 

Additional Information
Date Published: 
10.oct.11
Publication: 
Times of India
Source URL: 
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/pune/Two-kids-die-of-food-poisoning/articleshow/10299645.cms
Source Title: 
Times of India
Your rating: None (1 vote)

Bookmark and Share
Categories: Pesticides