INDIA: Three die of food poisoning
Posted: January 30th, 2011 - 3:51pm
Source: Times of India
BHUBANESWAR -- Three persons from Kandhamal district have died due to food poisoning. While Sabitri Pradhan died on Wednesday, Bibhisan (60) and his son Chinmaya (37) died on Thursday, said chief district medical officer (Kandhamal) N C Behera.
The trio was part of a group of 56 tourists' visting Puri and Bhubaneswar. "On their way back, some of them consumed food at a hotel and suffered diarrhoeal attacks," Behera said. "Sabitri died of severe dehydration before she could be admitted to a hospital. The father-son duo also perished for the same reason," he added.