VIETNAM: Over 350 city workers hospitalized with food poisoning
Posted: June 12th, 2009 - 11:36am
More than 350 footwear workers in Ho Chi Minh City’s Thu Duc and Binh Chanh Districts were hospitalized June 11 with food poisoning after eating lunch provided by their companies.
More than 170 workers at Minh Nghe Trading and Industrial Co., Ltd in Thu Duc District were the first to get symptoms like skin rashes, headache, and dizziness after eating stewed tuna and water morning glory soup. Many of them lost consciousness and were rushed to Thu Duc Hospital for emergency aid.
Doctors there said tuna could have caused the food poisoning.
Later, 180 workers at Thuong Thang Shoe Production Company in Binh Chanh District ate stewed tuna, boiled water morning glory, and winter melon soup, and developed itches and nausea.