INDIA: Three die, six taken ill from food poisoning in Kolkata
Posted: November 30th, 2009 - 10:57am
Source: Thaindian News
Kolkata -- Three people - a woman, a girl child and a teenaged boy - died and six others were critically ill in two incidents of suspected food poisoning in Kolkata Sunday, police said.
According to police, the woman and her niece died in a government hospital Sunday after they ate biryani at their Samsul Huda Road residence in South Kolkata’s Park Street area Saturday. Two other members of the family are in hospital and their condition is said to be serious.
The second incident was reported from Canal West Road in north central Kolkata’s Rajabazar area, where a 15-year-old boy died and four other members of his family were battling for life in a government hospital.
It was not immediately known what the family members had consumed.