US: Man sues McDonald's over contaminated burger
Posted: June 30th, 2009 - 11:13pm
A 65-year-old man from King County is suing McDonald's after alleging that his hamburger was covered in bleach.
The man ordered his meal from a Maple Valley McDonald's on April 4 and found his burger to be squashed and inedible. He demanded a replacement burger only to find the second to be in even worse condition, immediately noticing a bad taste after biting into it.
"He felt a tingling and stinging in his mouth, so he stopped eating the hamburger and threw it away," said Doug Weinmaster, the man's attorney.
He awoke later that night in severe pain to find the inside of his mouth covered in blisters and rushed to the emergency room where he was diagnosed with a caustic chemical burn of the oral mucosa, Weinmaster said.