Michigan candy maker recalls treats because employees had norovirus
Posted: August 3rd, 2011 - 10:58pm by Doug Powell
Murdick’s Famous Fudge of Charlevoix has issued a voluntary recall of some of its products because they may have been handled by ill store employees.
The Times Herald reports the recall was initiated after the local health department investigation of alleged illnesses associated with eating caramels produced at this location indicated that some employees of Murdick’s Famous Fudge had been exhibiting symptoms typically attributed to a norovirus infection.
Included in the recall are individually wrapped caramels (all varieties); peanut brittle; cashew brittle; and saltwater taffy (all varieties).
The recalled caramels, nut brittles and saltwater taffy were sold from the Charlevoix Murdick’s Famous Fudge store on Bridge Street only. This recall does not affect any other Murdick’s locations.