Lizard droppings may have poisoned Bangladesh students
Posted: July 5th, 2009 - 1:55pm by Doug Powell
Lizard droppings or similar contamination may have been the cause for scores of students falling ill after eating at a girls' hostel of Bagerhat Government PC College, civil surgeon Subhash Kumar Saha said on Sunday.
Saha was making an inspection of the hostel's kitchen after 63 students, who had taken lunch there on Saturday, underwent treatment for food poisoning at Bagerhat Sadar Hospital.
Of them, 31 were admitted in critical condition, said doctors, but all were treated and out of danger.